Thursday, 16 May 2024
-- Advertisement --
Liberty Club Level3 Divers24

7,000 pairs of shoes made from ocean waste go on sale

We recently reported on a very unique shoe concept. The popular brand Adidas and the organisation Parley for the Oceans created a joint project of shoes made of plastic waste. Of course, the most important thing was where to get the ‘raw material’ directly from the ocean waters. Over the past year, using a 3D
Published: November 15, 2016 - 15:30
Updated: July 22, 2023 - 14:15
7,000 pairs of shoes made from ocean waste go on sale

We recently reported on a very unique shoe concept. The popular brand Adidas and the organisation Parley for the Oceans created a joint project of shoes made of plastic waste. Of course, the most important thing was where to get the ‘raw material’ directly from the ocean waters.

-- Advertisement --

Over the past year, using a 3D printer, a prototype was created. The whole premise of the project was to demonstrate to the footwear industry how they can redirect their activities to contribute to the disposal of oceanic waste in addition to reducing costs and maintaining quality.

jpg

Today, the first pairs created according to this noble idea are already being released on the market. Around 7,000 pairs of shoes, made by Adidas from plastic waste, are to be sold. The sale will take place online from mid-November and the price per pair will be around $220.

and-here-were-the-original-concept-shoes-from-last-year

The shoes, created by Adidas and Parley for the Oceans, are made from 95% ocean waste that was extracted from the water near the Maldives. Interestingly, the remaining 5% are also recycled materials. The final product has been named ‘UltraBOOST Uncaged Parley’.

jpg (7)

At the moment, only 7,000 pairs are scheduled for sale, but Adidas has big plans for products based on this idea. We can expect to see more pairs in the near future, as well as an expanded line of products created in this way.

jpg (6)

“In 2017, we plan to create 1 million pairs of shoes, using the technology and experience acquired so far. However, our main goal is to get to the complete elimination of new plastic and replace it with recycled plastic.” – stated a representative of the German company.

Source: sciencealert.com

Other posts
Share:
Facebook
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp

About author

Tomasz Andrukajtis
Editor-in-chief of the DIVERS24 portal and magazine. Responsible for obtaining, translating and developing content. He also supervises all publications. Achived his first diving certification – P1 CMAS, in 2000. Has a degree in journalism and social communication. In the diving industry since 2008.
-- Advertisement --
freediving dive insurance dan
-- Advertisement --
Level3 Club CCR Divers24
Recent post
Shearwater Peregrine TX: The Ultimate Diving Companion
Baltictech 2024: Dive into Inspiration - Tickets Now on Sale!
Adriatic Depths: Cultivating Sustainable Tourism through Underwater Heritage
Jared Hires: A Tragic Loss in the Depths of Plura Cave
WRECKS4ALL: Unveiling the Southern Adriatic's Underwater Heritage
Opal Mine Unsolved Mystery of Solomon Goldschmidt's Hidden Treasure
You haven't read yet
Lungfish Orca v6 Rebreather Achieves CE Certification
Shearwater Peregrine TX: The Ultimate Diving Companion
Raid HYPOXIC TRIMIX OC course to 100 metres
Sintzi Cave Exploration: Polish Divers' Double Success in Greece
Baltictech 2024: Dive into Inspiration - Tickets Now on Sale!
Adriatic Depths: Cultivating Sustainable Tourism through Underwater Heritage

Search...

The Divers24 portal is currently the largest online medium treating diving in Poland. Since 2010 we have been providing interesting and important information from Poland and around the world on all forms of diving and related activities.

Contact us: info@divers24.com